Monday, January 31, 2005

On a lighter note...

I start work at my new job for this shipping company tomorrow. So in preparation, I got out of bed and showered around 9.30 and left home to go do my hair at this place I know. When I got there a few minutes later, the salon wasn't open yet, so I decided to walk around the street mall. Round the back of the mini-mart, I came across a beauty-facial place that was newly opened. I glanced inside, and I saw a pretty and petite lady tidying up in the back room. I looked at the price list and saw that 'eyebrow design' cost 6 ringgit. So I knocked on the door. The pretty lady smiled and let me in, and I asked for my eyebrows to be shaped.

It's been awhile since I did anything to my brows, and they looked like a bushy mess. And since it only cost 6 bucks, I thought what the hell. The last time a professional did my brows it hurt a lot... so I was keeping my fingers crossed.

And you know, the outcome wasn't bad. Now my brows are nicely shaped and rounded. Although I did like that slight peak that it used to have that made my eyes look garang. After that, I left the place, and seeing that my usual hairdresser was still closed, I went off to do my hair at Jantzen, much to my disappointment! Argh, remind me never to go there ever again! Their service is appalling and the people there can't speak to you properly in either Malay or English, and it's just terrible. When they were finished, my hair was in my face and I said, "Blow it away from my face, away." And the guy was like, "aah, you want to cover your face ah?"
"No, no, AWAY."
And they so overcharge man. I ain't ever going back there again. Ever. Even if my usual hairdresser's closed.

But I really do like my neat eyebrows... now to invest in a good brow pencil...

No comments: